? ??????????????We could Be Dreaming? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??22 Grabs Today. 3268 Total Grab
s. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Blob Glowness? ????? ?? ???Rating: 0.0 (0 Ratings)??21 Grabs Today. 21 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Frien BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Premiere Of Mummy 3



You guys might assume i am posting sth about the latest Mummy show i just watched.haha..nope..
I was working there..it all started when i got a call from my cousin yue meng asking me if he can interest me in a job..it was on such short notice but i agreed anyway..and so i called called a few friends and all turned me down except Eric..haha..dude i can count on u..so i went picked him up and of we go to 1U GSC..thought we were really late due to the massive jam at the LDP turn off...but reached just in time..so there we were setting up the booth and job deligation was next on the agenda..me and eric with 3 more guys were assigned to collect all handphones, camera and any other electronic devices..the envelope done by UIP (united international pictures) was very easy to handle with the tear up strip..so there i was dressed so formal..the only other time was during interviews and annual ball..I have to say my job was rather simple..all i have to do was to keep on repeating this line ," sir and ma'am could u surrender ur hp, cam or any electronic devices"..haha.. then open envelope place the devices inside then tear and staple..kao tim...sounds simple right..and i have to say my stapling skills improved drastically..but no job in this world i as smooth sailing as thought right..and i did have my fair share of funny, awkward moments..
I had a girl and her mum came up to me..the gal gave her hp and then she started to hurry her mum..and then..jeng jeng jeng..she shouted WAIT LA. I SENDING SMS!!!!! swt i tell u..
and then there this couple..a chinese gal with a caucasian..the gal was saying...'stop lecturing me' with an irritated tone..and with a face as black as soot...haihz..smile la a little..u r after all going to watch a nice movie for free right..ok and then there was this chinese educated guy who came up to me and say..ehh lei chou mat?? mean what u doing?? and then i went to tell hom bout my job with broken chinese patched with english..and then with a puzzled look he said..why i need to give u my hp..i scared lost..with the chinese slang..i guess i did see the funny side of it and casually smiled..but he with really adament into surrendering it..a small commotion started..then my couzzie came to save the day..cause i saw the chinese guy holding the normal movie tix and not the cool looking black in colour premiere tix..haihz..there i was with egg in my face again..but thanks couzzie..u r indeed a life saver..so after collection ..it was time for sorting out and then preparation for the returning of the devices..strike 11.15pm a huge mob of ppl turned up..it was hectic..and we kept bumping into each other trying to search for the right envelope..and then at 11.45pm the next flock of 3 cinema full came..it was again time crisis..i have to say the demands of this job is great..enjoyed the challenge..haha..and the anxious look on the ppl's face at the collection counter add more pressure..of course they didn't want their stuff to go missing..and the relieve in their face after collection..just great..haha.. i think i am growing an obscession over my temporary job..and saw i guy coming up to the counter saying dun lose my laptop bag ya..my entire career is in there..haha..who puts his career in a laptop..nvm i'll leave that alone for now.. at 12.15, we finally finished with our debriefing and with 100 bucks to pocket..i have to say..it wasn't all about the money and occsionally hearing the myriad types of ringtones from the sealed phones..haha....but about gaining experience on how to deal with ppl from all walks of life..sure i did made my mistakes due to inexperience..but isn't mistakes stepping stones to further success..i have to thanks my cousin for the opportunity..walking 100 bucks richer was a bonus but the fun factor of working was invaluable..priceless i would say..
I finally did sth useful during the holidays..kudos to me..haha..
here's a few pics just to describe the moment..




eric taking a breather after sorting out everything..



here's the crew getting ready for action..and the guy was checking his watch..talk about timing



we had lines to sort the numbers into organised groups but being malaysians they didn't bother..no wonder it was hectic..



here's a close up of a small number of the envelopes stacked in order...

sorry i couldn't take a pic of myself..too busy working..haha..
take care ppl and thanks for reading..

EJ signing out...

1 Inspirations:

ChoreOIndiV- Gan said...

"failure" is the stepping stone to success. not mistakes. mistakes originate from no-skill-land.
speaking in a jealous tone...hehe.
yeah, wish i could be there...Wish.
sigh.
Yeap, you hit me twice, but this aint that bad as daughtry...;)