? ??????????????We could Be Dreaming? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??22 Grabs Today. 3268 Total Grab
s. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Blob Glowness? ????? ?? ???Rating: 0.0 (0 Ratings)??21 Grabs Today. 21 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Frien BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Running Footwear!

Currently listening to: No Surprise, Daughtry


Just like tyres to cars, running shoes to runners are equally as essential. Which is why, I always advise my juniors to get themselves a decent pair of running shoes if they are really serious in making running a hobby. From New balance to Asics, Mizuno to Brookes, Saucony to Adidas just to name a few, a runner can really be spoiled for choice as all brands offer a vast variety of arch support, design and cushoning shoes to cater to every runner's needs. Ever wonder why I left out NIKE?? Simply because running with a Nike shoe will increase your risk of injury. Unless you get their Air Pegasus series which is engineered for road running. So, what's good aesthetically may not be good in it's essence.

Just last year September, I got myself a pair of New Balance 1224s. A top of the range support shoe from New Balance with emphasis on protection in terms of cushioning and stability. With the Abzorb DTS in the heel and and Absorb SBS in the forefoot for cushioning, risk of injury can be reduced. Then there is medial posting and a midfoot shank to add stability and support to the arch of my foot. Tadaa!! My running baby..haha..



However, all the cushoning and support stability shoes provide, compromises the perfomance of the shoe in short to middle distance runs ie. 15km and below. This is due to their heavier weight at about 350 grams for each shoe. Nonetheless, it is an absolute luxury to have those NB 1224s when I run long distance. I remembered the NB sales person saying, once I release the support gel and season the shoe by running on it for about 5km, the shoe is ready for any race. True to what he said, until now it still serves me well. Even after 200km plus in it, the wear is moderate and still gives me the constant support I need!

Shifting gears, I might have revealed that I am working to buy something new! haha drum roll....








Introducing the Saucony Grid Fastwitch 3 in White/Green/Citron! The Saucony Fastwitch is a versatile lightweight racer/trainer which is suitable for either tempo running or race day use. With a medial post giving some mild support for over pronators. If people tell you that sometimes in this world, you can't have everything. Finding this shoe was an exception. It is like merging the best of both worlds. It provides the support I need and also gives me performance in races due to its lighter weight weighing in at a mere 200 grams per shoe.

You can imagine the smile on my face when I placed my order today. Thanks alot Jia Wei!! you see, Saucony shoes are rather exclusive in Malaysia. We have to go through a dealer to purchase them cause there just no retail shops in Malaysia.

Going to try them out by next week. Till then KL Standard Chartered Marathon here I come!!


3 Inspirations:

Zhen said...

ah... i guess correctly.. not bad... :) where is my free meal? hehe...

Eu Jhin said...

only thinking of ur tummy!!

Kah Tuck said...

lol...u 2...no eye see... XD