? ??????????????We could Be Dreaming? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??22 Grabs Today. 3268 Total Grab
s. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Blob Glowness? ????? ?? ???Rating: 0.0 (0 Ratings)??21 Grabs Today. 21 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Frien BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

For a higher cause

In most things I do, I almost always do it in the interest of myself. However, after running the KL half marathon and witnesing my cousin and jimmy galloping to the finish line after a gruelling 42.195km, it strucked me that maybe we should believe in doing things for a higher cause and not just for one's own interest. Running my second official half marathon without stopping and clocking a personal best timing meant nothing much to me cause I did it for myself. I enrolled for the run and went through with it for the glory of completing all 21.6km.

You see, jimmy and my cousin joined the 'run for a cause' category for the full marathon and collected a joined amount of RM1532 for Shelter Home Malaysia. It's people like Jimmy and my cousin that drives me to be a better person and to improve and grow in stature. What they did was purely from the heart and a great example to follow. They used their passion which is running to contribute to the society. Someting not everyone is capable of. People normally do things for the benefit of something, like buying a new shoe, a bag or maybe an Apple Iphone. These are mere materials that do not justify a person for whom they are.

Being in charity organisations for years and organising various charity events, I myself still could not grasp the true meaning of charity. Is it just giving with a generous heart or is there more to it than meets the eye? Ultimately, it all boils down to value and how much of a value it means to help people. Money can never be the sole replacement for personal touch and precious time spent with the needy.

With all said, I think I am inspired after last sunday's run, inspired to better myself and to start learning how to do things for a higher cause. Maybe I would follow in my cousin's footsteps to running for a higher cause. I have an aim, to complete a full marathon by next year but not for myself and all the glory that comes with it. It's for the goal of helping someone who needs it. I have my sights aimed, locked and loaded.

0 Inspirations: